Blue Shimmer Franken

Posted by Danica | Tuesday, July 27, 2010 | , , | 6 comments »

Hiya Readers
I love making frankens! But usually they turn out like sticky tar balls in the ugliest colors. This time, the formula seemed to turn out great!
However, I'm not sure about the color.
It sure has depth, every time I look at my fingers I see a different color, which is always captivating (Warning: Do not drive and stare at your nails).
I combined all of my duoshimmers along with Orly 'Dazzle' and Sally Hansen 'Silver Lining'. I think I was expecting a deep shimmery gorgeousness. Kind of turned into a blue Dazzle.
Thinking about adding maybe a creme like OPI 'Russian Navy' to add depth. Not sure how that will look.
Like blurple steel. Awesome color, but I just don't know if I like it on my nails. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would love this, just not my type of shimmer that I love. As for the name: I would love to name all of my frankens something related to the book/movie/phenomenon that is The Monster of Frankenstein.
Here it is, with all the colors it takes to make them! Seemed like a great idea, but I expected something a little different. What do you think? Names? I'm thinking
"Monster of Frankenstein"
"Blurple Monster"
"It's Alive!"
"Friend, Good"
"Mad Scientist"
"Blurple Shelley"
"Lightning of Life"



6 comments

  1. jaljen // July 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

    This is grrrrrrrrrreat!

    I'd call it "ICE ICE BABY".

  2. Aurora's Nails // July 27, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

    jaljen is a genius with that name! I think it's a great color for fall! Nice job :)

  3. Starlight // July 29, 2010 at 2:19 AM  

    What a gorgeous franken! Tar balls I can relate too,lol!

    I like Blurple Shelley or Lightning of Life. It's truly a masterpiece,especially with all the colors you used!

  4. Jackie S. // August 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

    Wow! What a mix! :)

    Well done, I love blues :)

  5. Danica // August 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

    jaljen - thanks. Nice name

    Aurora's Nails - I agree, it's a great name. And thanks for reminding me fall is coming up, my favorite season!

    Starlight - Thanks so much for the compliment. I put it on my nail expecting the usual tragedy and I just thought "I made this?"

    Jackie S - Thanks, it seems to me to be a pretty original blue!

  6. Mc Huggs:) // August 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

    Hi: I am thinking more, Blue Lighting of Life!" and your nails look gorgeous. Never did a Franken, LOL. Nameste.

Related Posts with Thumbnails