I just had to get my hands on one of these little kits. I think we've all seen them... Laced Up was a pretty popular design, and it happened to be my favorite for a fist pick, so that's what I got as well.
I wish I would have remembered to take pictures of the process. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but nothing too bad. Just be careful, because they tear easily when you stretch then over the end of your nail. You want a nice clean tip, that's the hardest part to achieve with these! I tried to wrap them over my tips, but they just don't stick as well in the front. You can see from the first finger there is already some pulling back and I just put these on last night. A darker or brighter color would be even more noticeable.

My favorite part about this design is that it's different on each nail. The strips come with 2 different sides that you can match to the shape of your cuticles, but no matter which ones you pick they will all be different. The hardest part about applying these for me was placing them straight on. Once it's down it's down for good. But a little bit of stretching and rubbing gets them in place!

Pros:
Fun designs that cannot be achieved by most people's painting skills
No dry time!!!!
I've heard on other blogs they last awhile, I'll let you know my experience

Cons:
Pricier than an $8 nailpolish that lasts forever the way we buy them :)
First time is kind of trial and error
They won't clean your bathroom

Overall, I will definitely be buying them again with my $2 off coupon, especially if they hold up to the 10 day (or even 5 day challenge the way polish lasts for me!!)

I'll keep you posted on wearability.

3 comments

  1. Jaimie // February 23, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

    Nifty! Your nails look way cool :D

    PS: if you hadn't mentioned the first nail I'd never have noticed ;)

  2. Kimberly // February 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

    Won't clean the bathroom? Deal breaker!!!

    I have a set I just haven't sat down to try yet. But your pointers will help me a lot.

  3. nail supplies // June 30, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

    I think MINX nail designs is brilliant, it is shiny and doesn't need drying time, just apply to your nails and shape it to fit your nails in enough, it can make your nails beautiful for a long time. Very good. like it so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails